From adult programs to open house events, Dunes Learning Center special events offer people of all ages opportunities to develop, and be inspired by, a personal connection to nature.
Join Dunes Learning Center supporters and friends for our annual event at the newly refurbished Spa Special Events Center where we'll present the 2014 Green Apple Award to Duneland School Corporation, Flora Richardson Foundation and Duneland Education Foundation.
Date: Saturday, September 13, 2014
Time: 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. Central Time
Location: The Spa Restaurant and Special Event Center Get Directions >
Tickets: $85 per person
The Spa Restaurant was a household name in NW Indiana for more than 50 years before it closed in 2002. Sitting on 3.1 acres and overlooking the East Branch of the Little Calumet River, it is the perfect location to gather in support of hands-on learning in nature.
The evening will include:
- Live music by Chris and Lou;
- An extended cocktail reception with sumptuous hors d'oeuvres, carving stations and beverages;
- Interpretive activities on the Spa's beautiful new deck overlooking the river;
- A silent auction featuring outdoor gear, one-of-a-kind experiences, and... The Ultimate Glamping Package.
Designed by Robert Northington Interiors just for Dunes Learning Center, this “glamorous camping” suite features the 9 person Wenzel Grandview tent and a hand-picked collection of luxury outdoor furnishings:
- Barebones Canyon Lantern
- Coleman “The Tandem" 2 person sleeping bag
- Coleman Roadtrip Portable Propane Grill
- Coleman CPX Soft Glow LED Table Lamp
- Travelchair Side Canyon table in silver
- Strathwood all-weather wicker folding tray table
- Campfire Complete all-in-one campfire
- 2 Oggi stainless steel martini glasses
- “Martinis & Marshmallows, a Guide to Luxury Camping”
- A consultation and $150 gift certificate, courtesy of Robert Northington Interiors, Valparaiso.
Philanthropy has never been this luxurious! View the Ultimate Glamping Package, make your Best Offer or Buy It Now to avoid being outbid.
Don't wait! Purchase your River Rendezvous tickets today. It will be a night to remember.
Dunes Affair sponsors include: ArcelorMittal, Lee Botts, Correctional Health Indiana, Rachel Gajos, Lakeshore Public Media and MonoSol. To become a sponsor of Dunes Learning Center's annual fundraising event, please contact Director of Marketing & Development Sandi Weindling at (219)395-9555 x4.